The Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic is a constitutional institution who, together with the Chamber of Deputies, executes the legislative power. Thus, it fulfills the powers vested in it by the Constitution of the Czech Republic and other laws.
The Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic has 81 members. Every other year one third of the Senate is re-elected. Senators are elected to committees, commissions and delegations during a constituting plenary session that takes palace after each regular election. At the same time, senators form caucuses according their party affiliation.
Jaroslav Kubera / President
Find a senator
Here you can easily find your senator using senator’s
Every other year, elections take place in one third of the constituencies, which makes the Senate a permanent institution that cannot be dissolved and continuously performs its work.
- Committee on Agenda and Procedure
- Committee on National Economy, Agriculture and Transport
- Sub-Committee on Agriculture of the Committee on National Economy, Agriculture and Transport
- Standing Senate Commission WATER - DROUGHT
- Standing Senate Commission on Rural Development
- Christian and Democratic Union – Czechoslovak People′s Party and Independents Caucus